Friday, October 19, 2007

Freebie Friday 10/19 Brushes!

Hey everyone!

Today's tutorial is going to be teaching you how to make your own brushes. I covered it a bit in the grunge brush tutorial, but this is quicker and more specific for if you're trying to isolate specific things for a brush. Lilly even jumps in and helps me in the end!

Go HERE to view the tutorial.

And today's Freebie is, of course, a set of brushes. I have a ton of things from my grandma's house that I have collected and wanted to use to create brushes, and finally started scanning them in in the last week. I'm putting them up for you to grab this week. I only ask that you use them on your personal work, not for resale on anything. Isn't the photographer lady awesome?!

ornamentalbrushes

Go to THE STORE and to the Freebies section to grab the brushes. Remember they're only up for this week, so get them now!

And I have ANOTHER freebie that will only be up TODAY.. I'm testing out some old photo borders that I created from scanning and manipulating old photos. I've tested and retested myself, but want to see how they work for other people. SO today only you can grab the old Photo border #1 in the store. It looks like this (minus the people):

oldphotoborder

The folder comes with a PNG file that has the border, as well as an action that will help you add it and tone your photo and give it an antique look. You do not have to use the action, you can just have the border if you want, but I personally like the action.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this one that you have. I've never created anything like this so am a bit out of my element.

The photo border is in the store under freebies as well. Remember it's only up TODAY.

And don't forget to leave me a comment... this week I'll pick a person from THIS POST to win the SIYH Pak. But you really just want to leave me a comment because you love me.. Right?

Have a great weekend everyone!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOH! Pick me Pick me!! I love your actions!

Kristy
kpreece@hughes.net

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial!! It was great and very helpful. I've enjoyed your site and info you provide. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this vintage stuff!! Thanks Grandma and Thanks Kylie!!!! You are so wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

I love old photos and this frame is perfect! You are most kind and generous. I can't thank you enough for all of the great tutorials. I have learned and put to use many of your tips.

Thanks so much, Kathy

Amanda Prince Photography said...

More awesome stuff Kylie!! Thank you! Have a great weekend =)

Desley said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial and downloads, I am learning soooo much from them, and the great thing is I am in Australia so your Friday is my Saturday and the tutorials are a GREAT start to my weekend!
Thankyou

Amy said...

LOVE the brushes! The photographer lady rocks my world!

M. said...

Just the kick I needed to work more on my genealogy blog. Ive been trying to put what I have on a blog, but Ive been in a rut lately. The border will be a great addition to make those old photos show better on the blog. Thanks! Michele

Rachel Barsness said...

I love the vintage frame! Can't wait to try it out! :)

Denise Skelton said...

The photographer lady is awesome as well as the other brushes and the border! Thanks SO much!

Anonymous said...

I love the photographer lady! Thanks for the turtotial and brushes. They are awesome!!

Tori
dixonkids04@hotmail.com

Denise Skelton said...

i commented before i watched the tutorial--thanks for the logo/watermarking idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you !!

Hayley and Mike said...

thanks a lot! these are great, and i LOVE the first sunshine in your hand action...so i can't imagine what the "redux" is like! :) i'm glad you've created something that you are really excited about! thanks again for all your great ideas!

Michelle Lynn said...

Oh, I LOVE these brushes! They are beautiful! Just like the rest of your work! You rock my socks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Lily! I'm new to photoshop shortcuts and didn't know the shortcut to make your brush bigger and smaller! Thanks to you too Kylie for yet another great tutorial!!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Kylie! LOVE the vintage border. Will post my results!

Beth said...

oooohhhh fun!! i can't wait to give these a try! i just LOVE how much i'm learning from you....thank you!

Unknown said...

Lily,
What a fabulous tutorial you gave! I understand brushes so much better now. I loved it when you turned the girl pink.

You and your mom work really well together. I will look forward to future collaborations.

jd

ps Tell your mom she did a great job too -- I always look forward to Friday.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

I'm new to your blog and I must say your work is great! Thank you for all you do so we can do all we do!

Anonymous said...

Cutest tutorial ever! I loved the elephant warning about the extreme cuteness ahead. Thanks for the freebie Kylie and for all I am learning from you. Thanks to you too Lilly. I love the color you chose for the girl. :)

amy terral said...

Hi Kylie,

I love your tutorials and your daughter joining in was just precious. My kids are big now (16&18) and I miss the little voices. Thanks for all the freebies. Any chance you would give us a tut. on how you did your "carnival" picture? I love the pastel carnival poster look of it.
Oh, and I bought the SIYH pack already so you can pick someone else. Love it. Thanks, Amy

Amy said...

Okay, you totally rock! You filled in a little piece of the PS puzzle that I didn't know I needed! I never realized where some of these funky brushes came from. I didn't realize you could SCAN something in, but it makes complete sense!

Thanks, Kylie. Seriousy, you are a great example of someone that pays it forward on a regular basis, and I know it will come back to you.

Amy

Joy said...

I love this action.. .I cant wait until I can get CS3 I have elements 5... but my daughter inlaw is getting me CS3 woohoo... I want to scrap some of my grandmothers photos and they will look so awesome in this frame. Thank you.

Elizabeth Zoppa said...

I love the old photo border. I have just the right photos to use with it. Than you so much. I too would love a tutorial on how to grunge up a photo.

kristen said...

These brushes look awesome. I cant wait to try them out. Thanks so much for being so generous.

Barbara said...

This is the first time I have commented to your blog but I wanted to say I think you are awesome. You are so nice to share so much of your knowledge and I always learn from your tutorials. I am so thankful for all the help you provide.