Monday, October 29, 2007

Contest Kick Off!

Hope everyone had a Relaxing weekend! I took the weekend off (mostly) to rest from  driving myself crazy... now I'm back and ready for more!

First off, THANK YOU for the awesome response to the new set! I've had a lot of positive feedback, I'm so glad people are liking them! If you've purchased the set and have ANY problems, let me know, there may be a few bugs in there that didn't get worked out, if you find one, I want to know so I can fix it asap!

The PS7/CS versions are in the works, I just have to find the time to get them finished. I'll be sure to post when they're done, don't worry!

Wanted to add a few more examples of some pics I edited using the new Pro Pak, everything in the pack CAN be done by yourself, but it literally takes me maybe 1/8th the time when I use the actions. The actions were all created because I was trying to save myself time, so each one is usefull, and not put in there just to beef up the set or take up space. I use literally EVERY action (not on every picture though, that may be overkill! LoL).

One of Katie that I took last week:

_MG_1194

Used the Easy Texture Adder, Heavy Canvas Texture, Grunge it Up, and Grunge Border Adder (all from the Special Effects Set).

And a few more Beautifiers examples from people that have sent in pics to be glamourized:

beautifiers2

beautifiers3

I don't necessarily use the beautifiers this heavy on my retouching. I usually only use the makeup actions when clients request it.. or on my own photos. I wouldn't recommend using it unless the people KNOW you will be doing it. The Flawless actions get used a LOT though. If used lightly they really can help freshen up the face and get rid of skin imperfections. Your Client's will thank you for it, believe me ;)

Oh.. the winners, right? For comments on Friday, I'm giving out 2 $25 gift certificates... So angbrimwill and scrapolla... Shoot me an email at info@phauntactions.com to claim your prize!

And Today's cool prize (besides another $25 Gift Cert) will be

THE LATEST ISSUE OF DESIGN AGLOW!!!!

From the Design Aglow Website:

"Design Aglow is an online resource for information and products directed at professional wedding and portrait photographers. This site was created to inform, to teach, and to inspire.

We are an online collection of resources, including articles, Photoshop actions, templates, marketing ideas, interviews, and seminars for the boutique wedding and portrait studio. We consider ourselves a hybrid of design and photography and how they relate to each other.
We are completely reader supported, meaning we run no ads, accept no sponsors, and are not paid to endorse products. The products that we recommend are based strictly on unbiased experiences and research. There are plenty of places out there to look at ads - this is not one of them.

We are dedicated to an "art only" format. No technical stuff here! We are about artistic approach, photo enhancement, album design, marketing, branding, and creative technique.

We aim our resource collections at established photographers, already familiar with the professional portrait and wedding industry, who want to refine their skills and further their knowledge.

We are constantly looking for new ideas, writers, and talent. You do not have to be experienced to contribute to Design Aglow - only have fresh new ideas and an interesting take on your own business.

We are real. We listen and evolve. Our goal is to constantly grow and to create a place where talented photographers can come and be inspired. "

I have the latest issue myself, and it is amazing! There's a great article by Andrea Joki in there about texturing photos. She goes into detail about what is the best kind of textures to use for what photo, and how to decide how strong of texture you want with your photos.

I personally LOVED the article about Laura Novak and how she designed/opened her photography studio. Her style is amazing, and I was inspired that she didn't break the bank decorating her new space!

To win the latest issue of Design Aglow, all you have to do is buy something in the phaunt actions store!  Remember, the coupon for the new Procrastination Pak is: propakintro

It gets you an extra $10 off!

That's IT! I'll announce the winner tomorrow morning (along with the Gift Certificate winner). So check back! Have a great day!!

sigemail

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kylie - you have outdone yourself. These look great!!

And I laughed at the fun dip entry!!

Katie said...

Pick me pick me...I need lots of photoshop help and your actions are the best!

Thanks :)
Katie

Patricia Stuever said...

I've put you on my feeder I got the free stuff Saturday and I bought the grunge brushes today. I REALLY want to get the procrastination pack soon as I get some $$. I hate doing the masking and this would make my life a breeze...have a big show this weekend wish me luck!!!

I've been dying to get a look at design aglow. Loving your blog. Keep up the great work!

Photography by Dena said...

WOW!
You are so talented, I have tons and tons of actions from everywhere... and I have docked them all to the unused folder! Yours are the only ones to have!
Love them!

AR said...

love to be picked!

Unknown said...

I'm loving your other action sets. Looks like I need to add this new one to my Phaunt collection!

Thanks!
-Steph K

Jeannette Chirinos Gold said...

will you pick me some time, i need a set that i do not own.... please tell katie to pick out my name this time! please

MegganB said...

Thanks for all your beautiful work! The new actions are awesome - the beautifiers are beautiful! :)
When I look at the picture of Lily at sunset (the grunge brush example) I can't help but think of your cutting board! :) LOL!!

Toni said...

The Beautifiers looks like something every woman should have in her photo arsenal! Lovin' those, will have to get some. Oh and you reminded me, I need the latest of Design Aglow as that is one of the neatest publications around.