Saturday, May 5, 2007

Our First Showcase!

I had this super cool idea to showcase other photographers and some of their work, to see how they use the actions, and to get to know them better. Also I like to have an excuse to ask people anything I want.

So our fist victim...er.. I mean Volunteer is the uber talented Jeremi Broadhurst, from Logan, UT.

So.. we'll just envision that Jeremi and I just sat down for a cup of Starbucks.. Me with my Grande Java Chip Frappucino and a huge chocolate chip cookie (all mine!).... I'll let you listen in to our conversation..

Kylie: Sooooo Jeremi, how did you get into photography?

Jeremi: My Grandfather and my Dad were always hobbyist’s and so they had camera’s laying around. Of course my little hands found them and used up quite a bit of film. My favorite was the Polaroid since I got near instant results. Maybe that is why I am so drawn to digital. I didn’t get serious about it until after my children were born and then I wanted to capture beautiful images of them doing the things they do everyday, hence my slogan: Life….as it happens!

K: Describe your Style in 3 words:
J: Fresh
Relaxed
Real




K: What is your favorite Subject to Photograph?

J: My girls!

K :When you need to get inspired what do you do?

J: Check out other photographer’s work! I especially love going to the library to check out the old books with black and white photography in them from years ago. The images are truly timeless and emotional.




K: You have a whole day to yourself, no kids, work, or any other chores to do, what do you do?


J: Well my day wouldn’t be complete without checking my daily blogline of other photographers. I also love to read and take hot baths so you’d probably find me in a hot bath reading a novel or a photography magazine, lol.

K: What are your fave websites to waste time on?
J: Props & Lime Light Photography

K: What's your favorite Photoshop Tool or tip?
J: I seem to be good friends with the burn tool for some reason!

K: What is your favorite phaunt Action?
J: Oooh this is a tough one! I love to use the Sunshine in your hand in combination with Beastly color for the color pop! But the contrasty Whole Lotta Soul is right up my alley as well.



Links to Jeremi's Sites:

Business

Blog



Thanks Jeremi for being the first brave soul.. I hope to feature other awesome photographers periodically....

Also.. The next post WILL Feature a contest/give away of some sort, so be watching.. you don't wanna miss it..

Till next time....

No comments: