Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Testing 1-2-3

I'm trying out Windows Live Writer for the first time, so we'll see how this goes! I may eventually switch the blog over to typepad, because I've heard great things about it, but for now I'm going to try this.

My NEW Splash page for my photography business is up! Kim at Simply Splash did a GREAT job, I'm so thrilled about it. Go check it out!!

My Coolio New Splash Page

Now I'm going to have to get a new website. I really like Blu's templates, but I've heard way too many bad reviews about their customer service. I am SUCH a stickler for good CS.  My dad has owned his own company since I was little, and is VERY customer oriented, so I've seen first hand what treating your customers right can do.  I remember when my dad and his partner started their company, they had to borrow money from  relatives to get started, and there were times when they didn't know if they were going to make it.  Now they have 7 stores in our area with 60+ employees and going strong. Even with their success, my dad will still take the time to go work on the sales floor and get to know individual customers. He has always treated EVERYONE with the same respect and consideration, no matter if they're a "big" client or not. I guess that's where I get my ideas about customer service. 

Anyway, that's my ramble/soap box for the day.... so I think I'm going to go with Flash Palette instead. Any other good template companies out there that I should look at?

And I'm not bragging, but the texturing tutorial has had over 1700 views since I posted it! The action has had 500+ downloads as well. I'm a bit overwhelmed, I didn't know there were so many people viewing/linking to the blog. I guess I better start paying attention to what I say huh? :p

I've got a bunch of pictures that I've been messing around with, having fun with texturing. These are from the Malheur County Fair a few weeks ago. I'm using textures as well as some grunge techniques. Stay tuned on the blog, I'm going to be showing how to make your own grunge brushes and use them effectively on your pictures! Until next time! :)

fair-79

fair-86 fair-39

1 comment:

amy terral said...

Hi Kylie,

I know you used grunge brushes on these, but what technique did you use to make this look like a watercolor?

Amy