Monday, July 23, 2007

phaunt is back.. Contest results and more!

Well, it's been a very stressful and harrowing last few weeks, but I am glad to say that we have made it through. Little Luke's funeral was last Thursday, and we spent a week together as a family to help and support each other and Luke's parents. While wounds are certainly not healed entirely, the process is beginning. Thank you again to everyone who has sent emails/pms/comments/prayers/support during this time. I hope that some day I can repay the kindness and generosity I have been shown.

One person/company in particular that I wanted to single out to thank specifically is Roxanne and CB at Pixel 2 Canvas. When I contacted P2C asking if it would be possible to get some large canvases for display at the funeral they immediately emailed me back and got the canvases printed and shipped. They were here within days and were breathtaking. Roxanne and CB have such a giving heart and generous spirit (they already give 5% of each order to a charity of your choice), they are a vendor that goes above and beyond. Not only do they take care of their customers on orders, but also in times of need and as a support. I can't recommend them enough, their products are fantastic, and they have the integrity to back up their company. Thanks again Roxanne and CB!

I also wanted to publicly thank everyone at ILP, ProPs, and the Beyond forums for all of the support. I feel honored to have so many online friends.

Now.. On to a few things at phaunt actions that have been neglected.

First and foremost.. Our Contest ended and a winner was chosen, but because of the events last week, she never got a proper announcement!

So, without further ado, and with a big apology and thank you for putting up with me, I'm announcing the winner.. Vicki Byerley.. with her heart tugging photograph:



Vicki wrote this about her entry:


This is my daughter and my 92 year old grandma. My grandma has fairly advanced Alzheimer's and my daughter loves helping her and taking care of her. They are best friends. My daughter is the only one my grandma recognizes 100% of the time. They also love to kiss all the time. It's so cute. I have several images of them kissing but I thought this one fit the contest a little more. I've done a few complete sessions with these two because I know the end is near for my grandma. I am so glad that I have done so. I will have these images to remember their love forever.


I don't know if it could be said better than that. Thank you Vicki for your amazing photograph, and thank you to all the finalists/entries..

Last but not least.. There is new things coming at phaunt actions..In the works soon:

-Elements Compatible actions!! I've a ton of requests that the actions be made available to elements users, and I've heard your cry! I am working on converting the actions to elements, they will be available soon! Sign up on the newsletter to be the first to know when they are available!

-New Tutorials... For anyone and everyone, help speed up your workflow and learn things about Photoshop that you never knew!

-Tutorials for phaunt actions users... Tutorials specifically made to help you use your phaunt actions to the fullest.. I'll break it down phaunt style and show you how *I* use the actions!

-Much More! There's a few more things in the works, but you'll have to check back to see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited for your actions to be compatible with Elements. I've been shopping around and I think your actions may be the best I've seen!