Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fun New Stuff

Yesterday was a great day.. I finally got my Wacom Intuos3 Tablet that I ordered last week. I ripped open the box and immediately jumped into Photoshop, giddy with excitement.

I knew there would be a learning curve, but I was determined to make it work. I had visions of beautiful brushes I'd make, and the gorgeous fonts I'd create. I just knew that I'd be pumping out works of art in no time.

But my dreams were crushed when I realized that if you don't have any artistic/drawing ability IRL, you won't have any when using a tablet on the computer either. Uh yeah, really novel concept, right? But somehow that fact escaped me, and it was a bummer when I realized that since I have horrible handwriting and no drawing ability whatsoever, I probably won't be the next digital Picasso.

Just another dream shot down before it had time to fully blossom; much like my dream of becoming a famous ball dancer.. my husband keeps trying to convince me it's never going to happen, but I just know there's gotta be SOME dancing ability in me somewhere, I just need to coax it out somehow.

Anyway, after I got done crying over my lost drawing career, I'm really liking the tablet. A bit to get used to, but I can see how it will definitely be a plus when doing detailed edits.

Speaking of New and exciting things, phaunt actions is teaming up with Michele at Pinkle Toes for Photographers to be a grand opening sponsor in her new endeavor!



From the PT4P blog:

What exactly is PT4P?
PT4P (Pinkle Toes 4 Photographers) will be an ever-evolving marketing and resource website and forum for professional portrait photographers--those who are experienced and those just starting out. The ultimate goal is to become the one-stop shop where you can find tools, resources, and ideas to keep your business fresh, fun, and growing all the time.

I wanna shop! What can I get at PT4P?
PT4P will operate on a membership basis for one year from the date of the site launch. To start, this membership will get you:
- A business materials starter kit (too many to list them all, but examples include business card templates, invoices, pricing info, promo cards, etc.)
- Coordinating book, announcement, canvas, and card templates (some with matching brush sets). Design tools to help you create displays for clients.
- A set of basic proofing actions I use all the time.
- Membership to an online forum for mad marketing and photography brainstorming.

Then, throughout the year, you'll receive:
- Ideas and templates for seasonal promotions.
- Holiday promotion plans and card templates.
- Opportunities to request design materials to be distributed to the group.
- Any new action or template that I create during the year.
- And there are even more things in the works that I can't even tell you about yet!


I haven't been able to see all the goodies yet either, so I'm just as stoked as everyone else for Michele to unveil everything. Hope to see you there!

No comments: