Saturday, April 28, 2007

A few Quick Things

I'm working on a new setup for buying the actions.. Something with a shopping cart. For now you can still use paypal (see the link on the side with more details on how to pay).

Remember, if you have any questions or problems paying or with the actions, just shoot me an email (actions@kyliebanks.com). I'm usually around and can answer pretty quickly.

Also, if you've purchased the actions and are interested in helping me test further versions/actions let me know.

Also wanted to share this email answer I got from the NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals). I've been curious as to what is the best method of applying sharpness/noise reduction to RAW files in Adobe. I'm a pretty good Googler, but could never find much info on the best way to do it. I shot a quick email to NAPP and got the answer in less than 6 hours!

Hi Kylie,
There are a number of god books on the market about using the Camera Raw plug-in. But here's the nutshell:
I would suggest that you open one of your typical shots in Camera Raw, turn off the auto adjust feature (Control-U/Command-U), adjust the sliders manually (including those in the Detail tab), then use the command Save New Camera Defaults from the menu to the right of the Settings pop-up. Your images then preview and open with adjustments more appropriate for your shots.

In the Detail tab, here's what I suggest:
--Zoom in to 500% on an area of shadow.
--Drag all three sliders all the way to the left.
--Drag the Color Noise Reduction slider to the right until the red/green/blue specks disappear.
--Drag the Luminance Smoothing slider to the right until the light splotches disappear.
--Leave the Sharpness slider at zero and sharpen in Photoshop, where you have more control.


Thanks for the question & best of luck!
Pete
NAPP Help Desk
If you've looked at joining NAPP and weren't sure if it was worth it, I'd really recommend it. They have a TON Of information there, as well as discounts and forums. The pricetag isn't too bad either, just $99 for a year!

NAPP

No comments: